Knee pain is common and yet very different among individuals. In this two day online workshop Paul Newton will show us how we can effectively deal with pain and instability due to knee injury and how we can overcome years of accumulated habits resulting in reduced functionality.
For anyone with healthy knees this course offers a highly interesting glance into what we can do to stay fit, move better and take good care of our knees to avoid future injuries. Paul will share his ideas and his approach to the Feldenkrais Method in an interesting and respectful learning atmosphere.
For people with actual knee problems this seminar is a wonderful opportunity to feel how effective the Feldenkrais Method can help us to improve our health and gain more stability and confidence after a knee injury.
- What are viable strategies for healthy knees?
- What relationships to other parts of our body should we pay attention to?
- What are things we should avoid if we suffer from knee problems?
- How can we improve proprioception after loss of nerve fibers in the ligament? How can the knees be better integrated into our self-image?
- What are specific lessons the Feldenkrais Method has to offer to sense our knees better, improve their alignment over the feet and make the transmission of force through the knee more effective?
This course is primarily for people with none or little experience with the Feldenkrais Method. The lesson taught in this seminar are wonderful for everyone with a health oriented and active lifestyle. Health professionals from other disciplines are very welcome to join as well as anyone who is considering to study the Feldenkrais more seriously and train to become a Feldenkrais-Teacher.