Mastering the Method
A time honored path to developing mastery is to study the standards and masterpieces. In the lexicon of Functional Integration® lessons, there are classic structures and strategies that are so consistently effective, so remarkably reliable, that we count on them to facilitate learning every time.
In each installment of this advanced training series, Larry Goldfarb, CFT, Ph.D. offers a multi-dimensional map of one such archetypal lesson plan. In a careful and complete manner, this workshop offers all you need in order to add this lesson to your personal repertoire, including the opportunity to:Become skilled at new hands-on techniques while refining familiar ones.
- Understand the how & why of each step in the lesson choreography.
- Take better care of yourself by improving your self-use.
- Uncover and utilize the integrity of “the movement behind the lesson.”
- Promote the transfer of learning from the table to daily life.
- Adapt the lesson to the student, not vice-versa.
This course goes beyond simply presenting a “formula.” Studying each classic template from the inside out reveals the art and science of Feldenkraisian pedagogy. Examining essential lessons from an advanced perspective offers you the means to discover – and come to embody – the methodology that guided Moshe Feldenkrais in developing our work.
The Ground Beneath your Feet
Do you want to unlock the mysteries of the Artificial Floor?
Interested in getting better at helping students who want to improve the way they walk?
Are you ready to take the next step in developing your teaching abilities?
If so, then The Ground Beneath your Feet, which happens from 29 April to 03 May 2023 in Munich, might just be for you.
Feldenkrais trainer and movement scientist, Larry Goldfarb unpacks the epic Artificial Floor FI and then builds on it. Once you get the inner workings of this classic composition, he’ll show you how to use them in other hands-on lessons and ATMs.
This course, you will also:
- Clarify essential techniques and tactics.
- Uncover how the foot’s form affects whole body action.
- Apply this know-how without a footboard.
- Improve hands-on skills, self-use, and teaching acumen.
- Become a better Functional Integrator.
- Illustrations – © Mind in Motion, Inc.